The Playground On the Potomac
The Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce is committed to our businesses and our Town. Toward this end, we attract, support, promote and improve the climate for businesses to flourish. We foster economic development and continued growth in the town of Colonial Beach. We create a better understanding of and support the economic and public policy needs and opportunities of the business community.
Dedicated to growing Colonial Beach by attracting new business from outside our community and fostering a place where businesses can thrive
Strives to support existing local businesses by providing education, advice and local connections vital to the success of any small business in our community
Well equipped to help promote our member businesses through our connections, community events, networking and contacts
Supports and creates a better understanding of economic and public policy needs and opportunities of the business community in Colonial Beach
About the Chamber
Downtown Colonial Beach releases brochure highlighting opportunities for business start-ups and relocation
Starting a new retail business? Relocating or opening a second location? Be part of an exciting new chapter in the history of the beautiful beach town of Colonial Beach, VA! The brochure provides market assurance and preservation-based design concepts and guidance...
The Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Members would like to take this opportunity to thank Mayor Eddie Blunt for his steadfast, tireless, and selfless service to the citizens and businesses of Colonial Beach. Mayor Blunt, the time you spent...
What we did in 2018
CHAMBER SPONSORED AND CO-SPONSORED EVENTS
- Publication and Distribution of 27,000 Colonial Beach Visitors Guides
- Development and Monthly Dissemination of the “Chamber Chat” Newsletter
- Social Media Advertising for Events and Member Businesses
- Development of the Chamber Education Curriculum
- Monthly Participation in the 2nd Friday Art Walk
- The Annual Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce Awards Celebration and Dinner
- Updated Accounting and Electronic Information Systems
- Expanded office hours…now open M-F 9:00 – 2:00
- Added a part-time Event Coordinator position
- Coordinating and Collaborating with Town Offices, Town NGO’s, Northern Neck Tourism, and Virginia Tourism Corp
- Grant Writing and Application to Virginia Tourism Corp
- Development of the new Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce Website
- Development of the new Colonial Beach Bike Fest Website
- Provided $500 in Scholarships to Colonial Beach High School Students
- Annual Holiday Dinner and Business Meeting
- Began to coordinate with the schools and member businesses on a summer jobs program for high school kids for 2019
Put a name to a face
Beach Service Center
Carey is the President of the Chamber of Commerce. He owns and operates Beach Service Center in town. He facilitates the Bike Fest Committee for the Chamber. Carey enjoys boating and fishing and can be found on the water as often as possible.
Maryann is the Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce and co-owner of the Beach Shop. She coordinates the development of the Colonial Beach Visitors Guide, is the chairperson for the Arts and Crafts Show and the Water Festival and is a member of the Bike Fest Committee.
Patrick H. Ward
Patrick Ward, CPA
Pat is our veteran Chamber member and director. He has been a member of the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce for almost 40 years. Pat is the owner of Pat Ward, CPA. He was raised in Hawaii and enjoys trips back to the island once or twice a year…but not during tax season!
High Tides on the Potomac
Bryan Coffman is on the Board of Directors and is on the Bike Fest Committee. Byron owns and operates High Tides on the Potomac Restaurant and Tiki Bar. Bryon is a motorcycle enthusiast and is a significant contributor to the annual Bike Fest event.
Dogs and Hogs Gone Wild
Steve “Smurf” Keene is on the Board of Directors and the Bike Fest Committee. Smurf and his wife Tina, own Dogs and Hogs Gone Wild. He and loves his family, his job, and back-road rides on his 2004 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.
Thank you to our featured photographers: Debbie Biemeck, Mary Carter, Erich Cosby, Marc, Fitzsimmons, Larry Goven, Bobby Hooker, Bill Hutchins, Susan Pietras-Smith, and Katrina Price. Information in the Business Development section provided by the Town of Colonial Beach, VA and developed and written by the Planning Commission of Colonial Beach, VA.
Chamber of Commerce
106 Hawthorn St.
Colonial Beach, VA 22443